Where are the small wonders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the small wonders?

Every game I've played, I've only had the option of building the Forbidden Palace. Am I missing something?

Yes
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

well, some like the military academy, pentagon, heroic epic require a victorious army. Wall street requires 5 stock exchanges, battle medicine requires 5 hospitals and the iron works requires coal and iron in the same city radius. SDI requires 5 sams etc. So make sure you have the requisite 5 of whichever building.

Comment

OK, what? There are 3 small wonders in the Ancient era, for instance. why do I only get the option to build 1?

Comment

The FP is a small wonder. Miliary Academy, Heroic Epic, are two others. You need to have a victorious army to build either.

Apollo requires space flight and a resource.
          Battle Field Medicine requires you have 5 cities with a hospital.
          Intel Agency requires Espionage.
          Iron Works requires a city have both coal and iron in its borders.
          Pentagon requires you have three armies.
          Wall Street requires 5 stock exchanges.
          SDI you need 5 sam bases and all the tech.
          SPHQD requires you have communism.

So as you can see it is eay to not be able to do many of them.

Comment

Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              The FP is a small wonder. Miliary Academy, Heroic Epic, are two others. You need to have a victorious army to build either.

So as you can see it is eay to not be able to do many of them.
              a bit more thorough than mine (and easier to read to boot!)

Comment

all small wonders request some kind of accomplishment before you can build them...

for example you need five hospitals before you can build battlefield medicine... you need a victorious army before you can build the heroic epic etc etc...

Just look in the civilopedia, every small wonder and what you need to build them is listed there...

edit: silly me for taking so much time to write a reply
                You saw what you wanted
                You took what you saw
                We know how you did it
                Your method equals wipe out

Comment

sleepy I took to long to write mine. I probably would not have bothered if I had seen yours.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    Military Academy allows the city that builds it to build empty Armies (100 shields) and adds defense/attack bonuses to your Armies.
                    The Heroic Epic increases the chance of Great Leader appearances from successful Elite combats
                    ...and IIRC allows you to build parts for the SpaceShip victory
                    ...and allows your units to heal when in enemy territory.
                    ...and allows espionage missions to be carried out against other civs.
                    ...and increases shield production in that city by 100%
                    ...and lets you put a fourth unit into armies (both existing and future armies).
                    ...and gives you 10% interest bonus on your income, up to a maximum of 500 gold per turn.
                    [/QUOTE]
                    [/QUOTE]
                    ...and, um.... I don't kno what this does. have never got that far in games.
                    ...and acts as another Forbidden Palace for when you are in Communism.
                    So as you can see it is eay to not be able to do many of them. [/QUOTE]
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

that's a +1 if I've ever seen one!

(and I think armies are 200 shields to build, could be horribly wrong though)

Comment

I know for sure it´s not just 100 shields, then you would pump them out like every other turn in the late game...

edit: I checked it out it´s 400
                        You saw what you wanted
                        You took what you saw
                        We know how you did it
                        Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

...and gives you 10% interest bonus on your income, up to a maximum of 500 gold per turn.
                          It's 5% interest on your treasury with a cap of 50 gold per turn.

Comment

SDI gives you a 75% chance to destroy incomming Nukes. IOW, each Nuke lauched against you has only a 25% of hitting you.

Unfortunately, I have had games that lasted long enough for that SW to be useful. It is a cool graphic showing an incomming Nuke and all of a sudden a laser shoots it and it blows up.

An interesting side-effect of being Nuked: sure, you lose contact w/ the capital (Roads/Harbors/Airports/Markets etc.--generally.) and deprives the city of all Luxuries, but it's not uncommon for a just-nuked city to go into WLTK Day! The Nuke takes-out most of your unhappy citizens! I guess the survivors are just so happy to be alive!

Steven
                            Last edited by steven8r; January 21, 2004, 14:17.
                            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Stacks of workers will fix that up in no time. Now I am bummed out, I may never see that graphic.

Comment

Working...
                              X