Barbarian Week on the History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rommel2D
    I think the History Channel did a pretty shoddy job of research- The Goths were rarely shown wearing black and didn't seem to have any eye makeup on.
    Ok, after 4 days now, I GET IT!!!!

I admit, I mistook a reference to pop culture for a historical reference. But I finally get it now!

Pretty funny Rommel2D!

Steven
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

On another History Chanel show, they had a 'Modern Marvels' episode entitled 'Bombs'. It covered from Gunpowder to Nukes. It even mentioned the 'Byzantine Greek Fire' in naval combat!!

It actually gave a lot of insight from a 'Civ' standpoint. It helped me better appreciate various Research paths that a civ makes.

One thing though, according to that show, the Manhattan Project was the single most expensive project that anyone had completed before or since. Perhaps it's cost sould be increased in Civ. Just a thought.

Gave me an idea for a new unit, the 'Grenader' (not sure about all . (this unit may already appear in someone's mod).

The History Channel is pretty cool, both on it's own and from a Civ standpoint. I highly recommend it to all.

Steven
      Last edited by steven8r; February 1, 2004, 15:40.
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
      X