Debug Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debug Mode

I read in the help files of the Conquests Editor that you can play the Scenarios in Debug Mode or something? I can't seem to figure out how to active this, though. Can someone please walk me through the process?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Comment

Actually, I have it enabled; as per the editor, but cannot figure out why the cheats described in the help file won't work.

Comment

Apparently, after setting the debug mode to on in my own scenario, it worked. For some reason, it won't in the Conquests like Mesopotamia and such.

Comment

Good monologue, Shane!

From what I have read, the "Conquests" are not really editable. When you play a Conquest you can only get the original, unmodified file. The Hall of Fame therefore refers to the unaltered scenarios.

Do a Save As to a different name with your modifications and it should work out better. Try it with a simple change first, since I do not know what ramifications there are with changed file names and the referenced folder art, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

Do a Save As to a different name with your modifications and it should work out better.
            Are you sure 'Save As' will work? I thought you needed to Export the scenario data to a new file completely rather than resaving it, which is akin to just renaming the scenario.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Are you sure 'Save As' will work?

Absolutely NOT sure.
              I have never been aware of "Export" in the file menu.

I have always used Save As to create new epic-game mods.

Comment

You can use “Save As” after modifying a Conquest. It does not seem to affect the Conquest in any adverse way.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Are you sure 'Save As' will work? I thought you needed to Export the scenario data to a new file completely rather than resaving it, which is akin to just renaming the scenario.
                  Now I understand why I was not aware of an "Export" feature -- there ISN'T one!
                  There IS an "Import" in the file menu, but not an "Export". It changes the file to .bic format.

Comment

That would be what I meant then.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Can someone tell me how to start a game in debug mode? Thanks.

Comment

You have to use the editor. Gen a map and select Scenario Properties. There is a check box for debug on that screen.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but what does debug mode actually do?
                          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

It removes the fog of war and it allows you to see all AI unit movement.
                            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

It is very painful on high levels. They have so many units out looking for barbs, it will drive you nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X