Should I buy conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy conquest?

..and if I do will I need either "play the world" and the original civ 3 or both?

Yes and the original.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I recently got conquest and had to ask the same questions. Conquest is a add on for Civ3 so you need civ 3 BUT it comes with PTW so you dont need to but that. And yes you should get it in my opinion. But you mayt want to get CIV3 first to see if you like it!
      UT Maniac UT Maniac Home to over 500 tutorials for Unreal editing!

Comment

Unless you're cash-strapped and have to make a "one or the other" choice then I'd get the original CD and Conquests at the same time. Conquests adds so much to the game, and as long as you patch it, it's fairly stable. Conquests still only costs $10 at Amazon so it's not that large an invesment for the return you'll receive.

Comment

Buy it.

Comment

I got civ 3 when it first came out and was so discusted that I sold it the next day, but It seems to have come along way with theese 2 new expansions ...

Could someone point out maybe 3 big differences with civ3-conquests compared to civ3?

Sid Meier makes the best games really, I ijust hope they dont do the same mistake with Pirates as they did with civ3 ....gameplay should have higher priority then graphics imo.....

Comment

Some improvements to the interface and some limited group movement.
              Improved AI.
              New units and Civs.
              MP (ok this is not the best, but workable)
              Editor is vastly improved.
              Demonstrated support.

Comment

Re: Should I buy conquest?

Originally posted by Adolphus
                ..and if I do will I need either "play the world" and the original civ 3 or both?
                Well if you like the other games on this website then yes, you should try it out. Depends on what you are looking for in a game, really.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Buy it but you'll have a hard time deciding which patch to download for it. I opted for 1.12, although there are several in circulation in various places.

Comment

One of my favorite additions with PtW and C3C is the stack movement command. Saves a lot of time.
                    Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

buy

Comment

I have no idea why the concept of stacked movement wasnt in the original. If I knew how to program the game I would add alot of things but I dont so I cant
                        UT Maniac UT Maniac Home to over 500 tutorials for Unreal editing!

Comment

Re: Re: Should I buy conquest?

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Well if you like the other games on this website then yes, you should try it out. Depends on what you are looking for in a game, really.
                          I would say the opposite. If you like the other games on this site, stay clear of civ3. It's a let down after the likes of SMAC and Civ2.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by techbota
                            I have no idea why the concept of stacked movement wasnt in the original. If I knew how to program the game I would add alot of things but I dont so I cant
                            You have time constraints and budgets to live with. This means you have to stop adding things or never get the project done and out the door.

Comment

Besides, if they added everything into the original they couldn't milk us for more money with expansions.
                              Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Working...
                              X