GRAPHIC: Pounder's Completely re-Done Railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: Pounder's Completely re-Done Railroads

I have re-done the railroads from scratch, as I didn't really care for the Firaxis version.

There are railroads interlaced with paved roads, I did not touch the regular brown 'roads' file.

Attached is an in preview Version V4.00

And the lighter Version V4.10

Compared to Version V1.00
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pounder; March 20, 2004, 14:29.
    Goto My Library

Attached is a copy of the file Version V1.00, you will have to re-name it to 'railroads.pcx' (after you unzip it) and place it in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Be sure to backup your existing railroads file in case you ever decide to change back.

There is an updated Version V2.00 a 4 posts down with more curved roads.

There is Version V3.00 13 posts down that has: brown railway ties, more curved roads, more curved railroads and a few buildings added.

***There is Version V4.00 14 posts down that has: many tiles changed and a few more buildings added.***
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pounder; March 11, 2004, 12:31.
    Goto My Library

Comment

Here is another picture that shows a bit more Version V1.00.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pounder; March 11, 2004, 12:43.
      Goto My Library

Comment

Looks very cool, almost like a printed circuitboard. A little too rigid and straight though.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I like em.

Comment

I have updated the file, added a few more curves to the paved roads. No change to the rails.

Also repaired one tile that was off by a Pixel, causing a very small mis-alignment, came up rarely so it took a while to notice. Actually you had to look hard to notice it.

Attached is a copy of the V2.00 file, you will have to re-name it to 'railroads.pcx' (after you unzip it) and place it in the following folder:

Be sure to backup your existing railroads file in case you ever decide to change back.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by pounder; February 12, 2004, 16:02.
            Goto My Library

Comment

Here is a picture:
              Attached Files
              Goto My Library

Comment

I am playing around with a second version of the railroads.

Attached is a shot of railroads with brown ties and a few buildings added.

I do not want to add to many buildings. If there are any building you would like added, I would be happy to consider them.

Of course you can see that I am not the artist who made these buildings, they are all borrowed from others from various mods.

Looking for comments.
                Attached Files
                Goto My Library

Comment

Those are great and I love the trees from 28th of Jan post.
                  The pix for the factory and church, if that is what they are, look great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    Those are great and I love the trees from 28th of Jan post.
                    The pix for the factory and church, if that is what they are, look great as well.
                    The trees are Snoopy's.

The church, factory and a few other buildings credit goes to Overseas and Firaxis. I have touched them up a bit and added small driveways and roads around them.

Just to continue with the credits, the bird that I added to the swap was provided by Colonel Kraken and the sign in the swamp is mine.
                    Last edited by pounder; February 12, 2004, 16:06.
                    Goto My Library

Comment

Please delete.
                      Last edited by pounder; February 12, 2004, 16:09.
                      Goto My Library

Comment

Here is a picture:
                        Attached Files
                        Goto My Library

Comment

What would the buildings represent? What would make them appear in the game?

Comment

They are just a few buildings that would appear between cities, I'm thinking not all buildings are built in cities. So maybe a mill, a silo, radio station may be along the highway.

There are not a lot of them, they would not be as dense as the screen shot (I had to try and get as many of them in a small area as I could for the picture) and I placed them so the would not get in the way of any mines.
                            Last edited by pounder; February 7, 2004, 19:19.
                            Goto My Library

Comment

Version V3.00

Here is a comparison.

This is the original Version V1.00

This is the Final Version V3.00 posted here.

You will have to re-name it to 'railroads.pcx' (after you unzip it) and place it in the following folder:

Attached Files
                              Last edited by pounder; March 11, 2004, 12:20.
                              Goto My Library

Comment

Working...
                              X