teleport and charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teleport and charm

Mendax have found some hidden abilities of the editor, for instance the possiblility of making units teleportable to other units within a range, or to a city with a specific improvement.

There is also a charm flag for bombard units and a charm barrier for improvements, which I have no idea on how it works.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

intriguing, can you post a link, would love to check it out.

Comment

first of all i hate using word "hack" related to programs, games, etc. but "cracked" which would be IMHO a better word suggests a connection to piracy :rolleyes: anyway, few days ago i bought C3C and lokked into the editor. this is what i found: -n the improvemetns tab there are new options...

Comment

Isn't this equivalent to transport between two airport-equipped cities?

Comment

Could charm mean a return to a Civ2 style "bribe unit" command?

jon.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

charm has something to do with bombarding cities. (Might actually be soemthing that your bombardment increases chances of conversion sor someting like that)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple
              Isn't this equivalent to transport between two airport-equipped cities?
              Nah, you can teleport to a unit, and that unit loses one HP. Teleportig to cities can be done, but I don't know of range for that and so on.

And you don't have to stand on a telepad to teleport as far as my test shows.

Comment

And a link for the Poly thread posted later

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Nah, you can teleport to a unit, and that unit loses one HP. Teleportig to cities can be done, but I don't know of range for that and so on.
                  Telefrags? Since when did Quake come to Civ3?
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Just make sure you don't have any units in the spot where a conquered civ respawns
                    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                      Well, the HP is listed as space availible when you try to teleport to a spot with more than one of your telepads on, so it's more a way to indicate how many times the telepad can be used without rest.

Comment

Charm, as in propaganda shells?
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I don't know. would have to play with it to be sure.

Comment

i was playing around with teleporting to teleporters, but how do you order it?

i tried to give infantry teleporter, and tanks teleporting, but i cant figure out how to make them jump to eachother.

is the movement expended? if it is, i WANT THIS NOW.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

movement is used for teleport. However, I've only tested one movementpoint units.

Comment

Working...
                              X