540 turn limit in multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 540 turn limit in multiplayer

me and my friend play multiplayer in our apartment on a LAN and we're frustrated because there seems to be no way around the 540 turn limit for multiplayer games.

I tried increasing it to 1000 in the game limits, but after the game starts and i go to the victory stats screen, it says there's 540 turn limit.

IF there's no way around this I really dont understand the thought process of limiting games like that. Why not leave it up to the players to decide how long the game lasts instead of forcing them to retire in the middle of a good game? In the older civ games they would go on forever if you wanted them to

It almost seems pointless to start games now since we know we're just going to have to quit when we're just getting into it. We never get to discover all of the techs and stuff or conquer the world before time runs out.

Can anyone help? Or is it impossible to get around this

I thought that was what the limits was for. Is it broken?

Comment

All I know is that no matter how high I put it, it always changes back to 540 once we start to play. I never tried doing less than 540 cuz the game is too short as it is.

Comment

1000 is the maximum that you can input. However, keep in mind that every time you save and then reload the game to continue at a later date, you need to input the 1000 again before you launch. Yes, it is a pain, but you get used to doing it.

Comment

I tried putting 1000, both at the start of the game, and again when we played from a saved game and I triple check that it's set at 1000 before we start, and every single time when I check in the victory status screen, it says 540 turns max

does nobody else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
          X