buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buildings

What buildings do people always build and never build, and what are the reason for doing so?

Thanks

I believe the answers will differ, depending on who you ask, but granaries are a pretty sure bet as they help city population grow faster.

Many people will have cities which specialize in certain production and tailor the building improvements to that end. A city designed to pump out settlers/workers will likely get a granary built early. A city with good shield production that you might want devoted to military unit production will get a barracks and production type upgrades.

I like having the economy boosting improvements in my large core cities. Having lots of gold helps get all kinds of things done

Comment

Temples, because you need all the happy and culture you can get.
      Never coal plants and manufacture plants. Because I hate to deal with the pollution of coal and I don't need the latter.

Add in coastal forts.

Comment

i never build colleseums. i've never had to. and i play emperor.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I almost always build granaries in a few cities (and usually only a few cities) to get settler and worker pumps set up. I also try to build marketplaces in every city if possible (unless it is a camp city designed to only build units) because of the happiness bonus for three or more luxuries and the gold bonus.

Like vmxa1 I've never built a coal plant, and I've never needed a manufacturing plant.

Comment

I've never had a game go long enough for me to actually build a manufacturing plant, or even have the ability to build one. I'd assume it's only use is in conquest-only games.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
            X