Question about gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about gold

What happens if you are fiscally irresponsible during the game? I haven't noticed a difference other than the advisor comes up saying the treasury is running low.

Not much. They just start selling off city improvements for gold.
    Just one per turn, to keep you from going into the negative. I understand that this does not happen on Chieftan.

Financial solvency is mostly a problem during anarchy, between governments, when the only income/expense is agreements with other civs. If it is a net expense and you are low on gold, then

Comment

Just so it is not empty while you are running a defict. You will have no control over what is sold. If you are in that spot, find something to sell yourself if you cannot increase the cash flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        Not much. They just start selling off city improvements for gold.
        Just one per turn, to keep you from going into the negative. I understand that this does not happen on Chieftan.
        That's correct - assuming it is still in there with all the patches, then at Chieftain, as long as you have more than 0 in the bank account a deficit of as much as you like will only drop you to 0 gold first before losing you improvements. Thus if you sold your ma every turn for at least 1 gold, you could get by with zillions of improvements and no taxes.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'm also pretty sure that during periods of anarchy between governments the AI won't sell off your buildings if you have negative gpt due to payments to other civs.
          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Thriller, that is exactly when it DOES happen (except perhaps on Chieftan)!

Comment

It's happened to me on a couple of occations. In my experience, it disbanded units first--1 per turn, then (I guess) it would go for improvements. I had Workers then Swords just dropping dead. It was pretty sad. I guess I didn't get bad enough to start selling improvements.

Steven
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Jaybe.....interesting. I was fairly sure I've been negative on several occasions under anarchy and never got a sell off. But I'll pay closer attention from now on now you've confirmed that.

As for buildings vs units being sold off, doesn't it depend on the amount by which you go into the red? ie, selling a warrior won't give you enough to get into the black, but a temple will so the AI selects that instead.
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Working...
                X