Request: Utility to extract map of known land from SAV file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Utility to extract map of known land from SAV file

I have seen programs posted that reveal the whole map, but I don't want to do that.

I would really like to have a utility that would extract the current map from the SAV file (without revealing unknown terrain), perhaps as simple text characters representing each tile (or colour and text). This way, it could be printed for examination.

If this has been done before, let me know, or if there is an easy to follow method of extracting information from SAV files, maybe I'll give it a try myself.

Thanks

Depends on what you want it for, really.

If you need it so you can put it into another game, Gramphos' multi-tool can extract the map and deposite it into a bix, sight unseen -- of course, when you open the bix in the editor, you will see the map, and there's not much you can do about that, aside from putting masking tape over the appropriate spot on your monitor.

If you just want a map you can refer to while playing, the Print Screen button will make a bitmap of whatever you're seeing, which you can paste into any number of graphics programs.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yes I'd like the map for referring to, outside of the game. I really don't want to print out a screenshot, plus the zoom often doesn't show enough, therefore requiring piecing together of images, or pages.

Thanks for the response, though.

Comment

Working...
      X