No announcement yet.

Core city placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other consideration I like to make to city placement. If I find myself in a location that I can get my borders to span the land to cut off access, I will attempt to do it.

Now the AI will tend to honor m borders, if I am not weak. This stops that warrior from scouting the land behind me, until they get gallies or decide to ignore me.

This has let me cut of large chunks of land for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
      Footballgod128 if you have the bonus CD that came with C3C they have a strat guide with great details on all the placement choices. Nice pictures and all.
      i didnt get a bonus CD.......

Comment

A nice job was done here and forgive me for forgetting who did it.

A PDF with the basics of CivIII. It may be linked in the strat forum must reads.

Comment

It's in the Files Forum. I've found it very useful.

Or you can get it from this link.

Edit: It was done by Kuratko /edit

Steven
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Yes that is nice, but I was refering to the over all game play for civ. It had a long disertation on city placement and corruption. With pictures. It is AUexperience.pdf.

Comment

Since this is the thread for hating people, it seems, can I just say that I'll never forgive vmxa1...

A draft guide, for anyone who wants to read it might be what you were talking about. It's called AUexpasion.pdf IIRC.

Comment

Even worse, vulture:

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Sorry as soon as I saw your name it came back to me. That is the one, it was very well done. I could have posted it, but I was hoping Theseus would rescue me.

BTW Theseus, you need to shorting your blurb to allow the icon to show.

Anyway I thought I did well finally recall the name of the pdf.

Comment

Working...
                  X