• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the mysteries of air attacks

Does anyone find that air combat is not very well documented. How much

more effective is a veteran bomber as opposed to a normal bomber? Does
    it just have one more hp or are the attack more effective

Is there any way to find out how effective anti aircraft fire is?
    One mof my cities was being bombed, after a few turns I'd build
    some mobile sams and moved them into the city. After this the
    bombing stopped. Now whether this was because the planes were
    destroyed or moved elsewhere? Is there a screen which shows how
    many planes are destroyed.

Likewise when you bomb cities, it doesn't state whether your aircraft
    has been damaged. You have to manually click on the city in which it
    is based to find out if it survived.

I believe the effect of whether an air unit is veteran or regular is on it's performance during air to air combat. A veteran bomber has a better chance of surviving interception than a regular bomber does.

Unfortunately there is no screen indicating how many planes were shot down. You have to pay close attention to the ai turns. I suggest enabling "animate enemy moves and combat". In my experience anti air units must be used in number to really be effective in stopping air bombardment. I don't have any data that captures any statistics but it's safe to say from observation that a minimum of 3-5 Flaks/Sams should do the trick.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Yes, if you enable "show enemy moves" (or something similar) you will see the animation above your town of the Bomber going down. And I think you'll also see a little popup stating something like, "Our AA unit was successful. Enemy unit destroyed." (or some similar verbage.)

Here's a good post about "All things AA".

Steven
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Yes but it can be hard to follow on a map with lots of cities and units and repeated bomber runs. They fly by so fast I cannot always tell what happened. A turn summary would be useful.

Comment

Working...
        X