Find the resource.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find the resource.

Playing on a small map with five AI, random settings, ended up as English (first time as the Brits).

I've got Rocketry...but no aluminum. Well, no problem. Before I had steam and no coal, cavalry and no gunpowder, and a few knights who made themselves comfortable on German land managed to fix the situation quite nicely. (It's a young planet, I think, full of glaciers and volcanos.)

But I can't find aluminum ANYWHERE on the map. I had this happen once many years ago, when Civ3 first came out: Is there anyway to cycle through (known) resources? I may have hit the resource bug talked about here. There's a bunch of volcanoes (volcanni) so...

No sign of the soda can means this world is going to become a bloody mess....

[ok]
    [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

No way to hold your Dr Pepper!?

Oh, well there's always plastic bottles. Don't worry
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Have you tried Control Shift N or Control Shift M?

I have seen reports of some people not having one or more resources anywhere on the map in Conquests.

Comment

kring is right - so far I haven't seen any randomly generated maps with the official resource occurrence values that have no instances of any particular resource. The only way to be sure is to systematically check every land tile on the planet with all roads, cities, units etc turned off using Ctrl-Shift-N.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

OK, here's the game. This is only the second time I've had this happen, and it's possible I'm just missing it, but I don't see it.

[ok]
          Attached Files
          [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
            No way to hold your Dr Pepper!?

Oh, well there's always plastic bottles. Don't worry
            Dr Pepper must be drunk from GLASS containers!

[ok]
            [ok]

Comment

Dr Pepper must be drunk from glass containers that have been properly chilled.
              Thank god, there are no KENDER in Civ3.

Comment

In the save you posted you do not have Rocketry so that might be the problem

Comment

I just researched Rocketry and there is Aluminum near Hannover. Might be other places too but I didn't really look. Got a SGL from it too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
                      * steven8r speaks for okblacke DOH!!!

Steven
                      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Comment

I just researched Rocketry and there is Aluminum near Hannover. Might be other places too but I didn't really look. Got a SGL from it too.
                          LOL...SirOsis, I have a few savegames I could use an SGL in, too -- can you play a few turns for me?

Comment

Interesting.... wonder why ok thought he had Rocketry... ?
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Sonufa(*&@^*&!@^#(!!!!

What happened was that I was playing on two different machines and I had researched Rocketry, set the game aside, then loaded it up on a different machine. But apparently loaded up an earlier save.

So, yeah, DOH!!!
                              [ok]

Comment

Working...
                              X