Help with starting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with starting locations

I've been working on a map, I have not changed any of the rules just made a map. The problem is when I start the game the startlocations are alright but the tribe I selected are never on the right place. Specifically vikings, spain and the dutch. I have tried moving the location inland to the coast, but for some reason I can never get the Englanh to start next to the vikings. Is there anyway to get it to use the locations I select?
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Select the start location and right click. Select reassign and then the middle option to get a drop down list of all civs. Pick the civ you want and now that location will be that civ.

Comment

I did try that, the problem is in the map it is set but I start a game the computer always changes some fo them, not all of them just some? This has been raised before but I was wandering if the patch would fix this so that the map editor is the one the computer uses and not it own internal settings?
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

what game version aree you using?

Do you have starting loactions for all playable civs set?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I using original C3C on patch installed. If you want I can email you the map when I get home from work. It only map data, no rules or players changes. I only set the starting location for some of the players?

Thanx

Comment

Post it right here. That way you will not have to worry about time zones.

Comment

Are there any civs in the game that doesn't have starting locations set, and in that case are they before the once that have.

The unassdigned civ will get a starting location randomly, possible one that should be by another, than the other will also get another location, and occupy the place for someone else, so just one civ with no set starting location, and not ennough extar locations might be the reason for this error.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Your right I was playing with 12 civs but I had only set locations for 10, when I added the extra 2 they all went to the right place

Comment

Working...
                X