Army question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army question

I'm playing 1.12 and I made an army of 3 Crusaders. Why does the army move 2 spaces when Crusader movement only = 1? And why did the Crusader Army lose it's 'build fortress' capability?

Armies get +1 movement in C3C (as well as blitz ability, combat bonuses, and the ability to pillage a tile - except a barricade - without movement cost).

Special abilities are often (not always) lost when units are placed in an army. An all-marine army can attack amphibiously (but a Berzerk-Marine army can't), but I do not believe that an all-paratropper army can airdrop (could be wrong). The special ability of the Crusader appears to be disabled when placed in an army.

Catt

Comment

Crusaders can build fortresses?

Comment

So let me get this straight...

You now have a 7.4.2 behemoth and you're mad that it can't build a fort?
        "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

Originally posted by rpodos
          Haven't seen THAT name in a while.

Comment

Whoa!! Dunno how that happened...

But that guy rpodos sure knows a lot about Armies!
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

heh, this has to be the most known DL in the board, Theseus...
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

True, true... I do a doubletake everytime I look at ducki's sig.

Back on topic:

bfg9000, you GOTTA share some of the exploits of that bad boy!! I haven't built any Crusaders yet, much less an Army of same.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Theseus they are move 2 army and come late enough to be less spectacular. I made one in one game, but the AC army was more useful as it can be gotten sooner.

Comment

bfg9000, you GOTTA share some of the exploits of that bad boy!! I haven't built any Crusaders yet, much less an Army of same.
                    You can't really build them. They are generated every 5 turns by Knights Templar Wonder - one of the few wonders that I have been able to snatch from the AI in my current game.

Just recently made the army. Playing as Hittites, Spain is sandwiched between myself and a powerful Celt empire. Got Spain to go to war with Celts hoping that they would take some steam out of Celts and weaken themselves to the point where I could take some of their cities near my border. The plan is not working. Celts are steamrolling over Spain. I sent my Crusader army into Spain to face a stack of 4 Celt Knights. I was surprised that the Knights wanted no part of my army - they either retreated or went after Spanish targets. After picking off several weak Celt targets during the next couple of turns, my army is now at half strength and has retreated to my nearest city to heal. (If only this was Civ2 - they could just move into a Spanish town and heal 100%!)
                    One of the Crusader units in the army has gone Elite - can armys generate MGLs?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

i've used an army of crusaders, would have been awesome if i didnt have cavalry a few turns after.

AC armies are the stuff.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                        X