Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelining to CoL, then Philosophy 1st (Republic free) w/o Alphabet as a starting tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beelining to CoL, then Philosophy 1st (Republic free) w/o Alphabet as a starting tech

I play Emperor.

Ok I can do this with Seafaring Civs.

I am wondering if this strategy is at all doable or advisable without a seafaring or commercial civ (I like island maps archeopolago sp?)

I would think not if you have mainly two large landmasses or one.
    With islands, you can keep the contacts down and get away with it. I am presuming 8 civs only as well for a standard map.

Comment

To be honest, even though the math is compelling, I prolly wouldn't want to.

Theseus, the hater of early Republic
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Express Path to Republic in C3C

Catt

Comment

I've done this in every emperor game so far, which amounts to about a dozen successful attempts.

Just started my first DG game, and it seems like it's impossible to research faster then at 50 turns a tech

What kinda handicaps are imposed on you on this level? It's scary.

Comment

The 50 turns thing is a C3C thing, Firaxis musta seen you lot exploiting it at 40
            Is there anything else special about your DG game?
            It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
            She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Working...
            X