Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to make the air/naval units like Civ 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to make the air/naval units like Civ 2?

I LOVED the naval fleets in Civ2 as well as the air units. It was great sending those ships at sea and having them bombard towns with 18 attack points.

Is there a way to mod civ3 to be able to use the air and naval units just like civ2? Without getting too complicated?

Why would you want to? It's much better now.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No.

Comment

I never liked the bombardment stuff. Even for artillery. I liked the system from Civ 2 a lot more.

Comment

I have to say, this is the first time I've seen someone post this opinion.....

You can modify attack values in the editor, but returning to air/sea units back to Civ2 rules, skywalker is right - can't be done easily.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Beltz
            I never liked the bombardment stuff. Even for artillery. I liked the system from Civ 2 a lot more.
            You are in a small minority

Most people don't really enjoy taking cities with Howitzers

Comment

Here you have a thread link with a tutorial of how to change this.

One thing that first surprised me when playing Civ III is the changed interface of planes. Recon missions, bombing runs, etc. The planes must stay in a city (or carrier) at all times. Unlike in civ I and II where the planes could move (but had to reach a city within a certain number of turns)...

Happy Civing!

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
              Indiana Jones
              Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

You could take the 'immobile' flag from the air units for starters, and make further changes from there. Even then, 'mobile' air units are pretty screwy. And the AI doesn't know how to deal with them.
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Do you mean that you are asking about a way to make ships and planes attack directly as in Civ2? You could gain some of the benefits by giving all ship and air units lethal bombardment. This would still mean that they couldn't lose such a battle and be damaged/destroyed however.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

only thing that bugs me about the current system is that Helo's can't make pickups. I'd love to fly my wounded soldiers out so they don't get ambushed the next turn

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
                      I'd love to fly my wounded soldiers out so they don't get ambushed the next turn
                      Some kind of flying transport would be a great idea.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                      X