Favored Goverment Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favored Goverment Type

Which is the Goverment for you? I personaly enjoy the benifits of Monarchy. The reasoning behind this is I can go to war whenever I feel the need without aving to worry about war weariness. Communism is somewhat useful, only when managing a large empire, when you have surpassed the optimal city factor, as well as distance.
    Republic
    37.35%
    Monarchy
    10.84%
    Fuedelism
    0.00%
    Fascism
    7.23%
    Communism
    8.43%
    Democrocy
    36.14%

Done this a few times before. It's still Republic.

Comment

Well if you mean which would I like to be in or which I actually use the most? I would like to be demo, but never get around to, so Republic for now. May need to case some of the new ones soon.

Comment

Thats a good point about the Monarchy, but Communism has better Espionage Mission success and less Waste and Corruption. But I see the points of all the governments. I personally havent picked a Fav yet. Other than maybe Republic for its efficency but I hate its War Warriness.

Comment

That must be some war.

Comment

Like so many here, I'd rather be in Democracy(which I voted for) but I never seem to find a good time for a second revolution, so I end up actually using Republic exclusively in approximately 99.999999999999999% of my games. Give or take a few.
            "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Obviously democracy is the best moneymaker, but I voted monarchy because it's the most usefull in my warmongering style games. Heck often I don't even make it past despotism.
              Why isn't despo a choice in this poll, it'd had gotten my vote

Comment

Democracy supports the most effective warmongering.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                  Done this a few times before. It's still Republic.
                  My sentiments exactly.

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                    Democracy supports the most effective warmongering.
                    How so?
                    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Not my kinda warmongering , it doesn't

Comment

I like demo - works good for everything for me. My "short" wars do get kinda nasty and drawn out sometimes, but theres nothing a luxury slider wouldn't fix

Comment

Originally posted by ducki

How so?
                          Hehe, I was waiting for someone to ask.

Ultimately, warfare is about delivering military units to the right place at the right time, over a period of time, while not meaningfully detracting from economic and scientific efforts.

Fair enough?

So, what do we have there: land and sea transportation, shield production over time (both for units and buildings), maximized science/gold output, and minimized corruption, waste, and unhappiness.

Well, pretty clearly Demo delivers best on all of those requirements, with the exception of the last. So, as long as I can deliver sufficient happiness, I'd ALWAYS want to be in Demo, including ESPECIALLY for warmongering (i.e., I have shield/gold requirements for both of my warring and building efforts... double trouble!).

And how do we maintain happiness?

* Luxuries - Either from aggression (often the point of the war (Thanks Arrian!)), or from trade. Well, what can you best trade for luxuries? Trading TECHS! And where do they come from? RESEARCH! And what does that best? [say it with me now...]

* Buildings - Both regular happiness buildings and the relevant GWs require shields, and possibly gold or pop (considering that the vast majority are voting for Mon, Rep, or Demo, I'll ignore pop). So, where do we find the highest production of shields and gold? [say it with me now...]

I'll admit, this is prolly an approach best suited to the more experienced player. The key phrase above was clearly "sufficient happiness", which can be hard to do.

Some tips:

- You'll want at least 3 native luxuries, and a pretty sure bet of always having trade access to at least 2-3 more, typically through having a tech lead on lesser developed civs with excess luxuries (btw, that means being careful about trade routes).

- Markets, Temples, Cathedrals, Colosseums (yes!), Courthouses, Police Stations, etc. Hmmm, that's an interesting point... you have to BUILD your way toward being a Demo warmonger.

- The relevant happiness GWs, all of them, increase in importance.

- Follow the WW rules... in fact, best to follow ALL of the 'conduct' rules.

- Strike fast, and strike hard. Keep a notepad around to record how many turns of war, and subsequently how many of peace.

Theseus, the Democracy Warmonger (and Builder, don;t forget )
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

(Regent, Large/continents, usually non-Religious (Rome or Random))

First I go into Monarchy. If I am attacked from the same continent, I totally annex the aggressor (I really should get away from that obliteration lifestyle). Often, that puts me in such a lead with land and cities that I do not bother leaving Monarchy at all.

I may have a period of Democracy if I feel any need to in late-Middle/early-Industrial, then to a WW-free gov if there is a large war potential (or intention).

Comment

All of that said, each gov't has its own specific and best uses, although we don;t really know them all yet with the advent of C3C+patches.

I still remember, so VERY fondly, being communist and poprushing like a mad dog at the end of AU Son of SVC.

Comment

Working...
                              X