Popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popups

Is there a way to make the popus about who declaredwar who allied with somebody to come as a list when my turn begins? Given the fact that we wait 2-5 for turns i prefer to leave the game and do something instead of clicking enter enter each time those new appear and in my game i get around 10-20 of those each turn. I really preffer to play my snake 2 game on my nokia mobile while waiting or even go down or anything but no each turn there is a damn popup saygin x allied with z
    x declraread war on y

any ways?

It would be nice if we had a summary log to refer to when it is our turn. Even watching the screen some msgs are hard to see, either because they go by too fast or are overlaying some other verbage (city stuff).

Comment

The pop-up that doesn't make sense to me is when the city build queue starts, and it STILL asks me if I want to build something.

Its just not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        It would be nice if we had a summary log to refer to when it is our turn. Even watching the screen some msgs are hard to see, either because they go by too fast or are overlaying some other verbage (city stuff).
        yes indeed,

I had thought about posting this in the ideas for civ 4 area, but never did.

hopefully it has been mentioned there, but i don't think there is any proof that it would matter if it WAS mentioned there.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

the idea of a summary log is an interesting one, but it would have to be very well implemented... we would have to be able to toggle certain options on and off, and the 'default' log would have to be carefully balanced to not contain too much info or not enough info (MOO3, anyone?).
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

moo3's sitrep rocked.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
              moo3's sitrep rocked.
              Too bad the rest of the game didn't.

Comment

i recently downloaded moo3 demo...there is certainly alot there to digest
                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

yeah. the game sucks, but the sitrep was extensive, easy to navigate, and the filters allow you to filter out crap you don't care about
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I believe FreeCiv has this.

Comment

Yeah thin about it It's good to know that someone alied and declared war but I can't do nothing whil it's the AI's turn so why not instead of having me click ok ok ok they just tell me when my turn starts

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
                        i recently downloaded moo3 demo...there is certainly alot there to digest
                        I don't think the demo resembles the patched game that much. (Even less if you modded it as much as I have)
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I tried MOO3 but when I know how to build the DEAS i couldn;t find out how to bould the upgardes for the them, only the gov could build them so i droped it

Comment

Yeah, MoO3 was disappointing on many levels, except that SitRep. That thing rocked!

Comment

Originally posted by BulMaster
                              I tried MOO3 but when I know how to build the DEAS i couldn;t find out how to bould the upgardes for the them, only the gov could build them so i droped it
                              The DEA upgrades were automatic. Just allocate funds like you would for DEA builds. Can't think of why you wouldn't want them but the only way I can think of to stop it is to not allocate funds to planetary builds.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X