Leader Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader Help

Ok, so i got an elite unit to give me a hero/leader whatever its called. I brought it back to my capital to rush the Great Library and nothing happens. I can't even make an army. I am playing the PTW version.

Is there something that I am supposed to do to make it rush the wonder???

I also tried to rush a Forbidden Palace in another city and nothing happened either.

I have same problem !!!

Comment

Military Leaders cannot rush Great Wonders or Tactic Nukes. I am not sure what other items are disallowed.

You need a Science Leader to rush a great wonder in C3C.

MGL can rush small wonders and FP.

Comment

Well first of all I am playing Play the World version, second of all I tried to bring my leader into a city that was building Forbidden Palace (SW) and still nothing happened.

Comment

C3C - 2x Leaders / Armies ?

What about army loading with 2nd Great Leader, this doesn't seem to be poosible, is it a condition of the Middle Age scenario ? Or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli999
            Well first of all I am playing Play the World version, second of all I tried to bring my leader into a city that was building Forbidden Palace (SW) and still nothing happened.
            In an epic game with std rules you can use a leader to tush anything. If you try to build an army yo need 4 cities for each army.
            The leader has to be in a city and have movement left.

If that is nt the issue post a save and we canlook at it to see if anything jumps out. I have not heard of any issues.

Comment

Re: C3C - 2x Leaders / Armies ?

Originally posted by j_wedd
              What about army loading with 2nd Great Leader, this doesn't seem to be poosible, is it a condition of the Middle Age scenario ? Or what ?
              What do you mean here? Do you mean adding a leader to an existing army? That is not allowed. Do you mean you have a leader in a ciy with movement left and cannot get a build army
              button? Do you have enough cities? If it is a C3C scenario, see if they have any special restrictions.

Comment

Leader / Armies

C3C - Middle Ages scenario.

No restrictions concerning number of leaders are mentioned in the scenario rules.

The new leader is in a city with barracks, has full movement points as do the elite Knights that I would like load and thus create a 2nd Army, I already have one army elsewhre on the map.

My feeling is that this situation is the result of a rule/restriction within the scenario, however there is no mention of this within the scenario rules or civilopaedia.

Can anyone clarify this ?

Comment

Hit CTRL-H, or look for the button that will do it. Provided you have the advance buttons appearing. If not, I think you can set that in Preferences.

Comment

Can you post a save?

Comment

Re: Leader Help

Ok, so i got an elite unit to give me a hero/leader whatever its called. I brought it back to my capital to rush the Great Library and nothing happens. I can't even make an army. I am playing the PTW version.

Is there something that I am supposed to do to make it rush the wonder???

I also tried to rush a Forbidden Palace in another city and nothing happened either.
                      What do you mean with nothing happens ? Did you press hotkey or the icon button and nothing happened, or you didn't press anything ?

Comment

NOOB ALERT: what is a leader?
                        It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.

Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

A leader is a special unit in the game. You can get one of two flavors. One is MGL (Military Great Leader) and the other is SGL (Science GL). They are depicted with names for great leaders in the civs history.

These units can be used to do some task. In Civ III and PTW you only had one flavor and it was called a Great Leader. A GL could be used to rush a wonder (any) or build armies or rush any build in a city.

In C3C that was changed and only a SGL can rush great wonders and only an MGL can build an army. SGL can be used to increase teh research for 20 turns. In all case the leader is "used up" and cannot be used again.

Comment

Working...
                          X