Kind of annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of annoying

In the original Civ 3 and PTW, the hotkey for diplomacy was shift-D. Now thats the hotkey for auto clear pollution. So every time i want to talk to someone (which i want to do much more often than automate a worker to clear pollution/damage), and i have a worker selected, they go shooting off into the wilderness, to the nearest volcano or nuclear meltdown. Its kind of getting annoying cuz i was just sooooo used to shift-D being for diplomacy.
    "When I was 18, my father was the dumbest man in the world. He sure learned a lot by the time I was 24."

-Mark Twain

Now it's CTRL-SHFT-D for diplomacy

Comment

yeah. changing hotkeys sucks, but sometimes it has to be done
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I rarely use hotkeys, I prefer the mouse.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

thanks for that info RobC.

I use hotkeys as much as possible cuz i'm more used to RTS, where speed is the key, and the keyboard is much faster than the mouse (get it? speed is the key? )
          "When I was 18, my father was the dumbest man in the world. He sure learned a lot by the time I was 24."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks, RobC!

Comment

'S funny, I was using shift-d on some workers today and when it shifted to a tank instead, it suddenly turned into the diplo key

Guess it wasn't fully taken out
              It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
              She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Shift-D works fine for diplomacy, but only if a worker is not selected. I would much rather get into the Ctrl-Shift-D habit than occasionally have to go chase down an errant worker.

Comment

I normally use the d button or the foreign advisor anyway...and yes, I do play full huge-map games
                  Solution? Just put the civs in the frames that bother you presently. Dunno why it's such a big deal for some folks, but each to their own...

The joys of multiple ways to do a single thing
                  It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                  She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

ya i play full huge map games too, although in the modern age sometimes i have to wait a full 5 minutes between turns cuz it just sits there and computes stuff

-Mark Twain

Comment

I always do the diplomacy stuff at the end of turn because of this. With how many times I talk to the AI's, my fingers can't take adding another key to press to get to each of them.

Easily the most frustrating change between vanilla/PtW and C3C IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X