Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just can't seem to get my Military Games going.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, mass upgrading has taken a hit, but it's still useful.

One thing I immediately thought about when considering the Celts - Agr/Rel (right?) is strong, and the 40-shield Gallic sounds awesome... but of course in Conquests upgrading a warrior to a Gallic will cost 90 gold per, whereas in PTW it was 80 gold per... so it really isn't much of a change.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

GS with 2 movement is very strong early in the game. I had an army made of them and the extra move with free pillage is brutal.

Just down screw up and add a MI or guerilla to the army later and lose the movement.

The first time I was told it was 120 gold to upgrade to a calv, I almost choked.
      Last edited by vmxa1; January 6, 2004, 19:17.

Comment

An army of GS's would indeed be a terror. 4.3.3, with 3 attacks and free pillage. Yikes.

An army of med inf, by the way, is actually very effective. It takes 3 4.2.1 units and transforms them into a 6.3.2. machine of death.

120g to upgrade horses to Knights, I thought. Would be 150 to got direct to Cav, unless I'm wrong that Cav are 80 shield units.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You could be correct, I was not sure if it was knights or calvs. Either way it made me sick.

Comment

Working...
          X