I won't do THAT again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't do THAT again....

I expanded several hundred years ago to another continent after disc. Navigation. My "colonies" are between the Egyptians and Spanish. I shipped in lots of troops, built several cities and forts. The Egyptians started to move across this new territory to colonize on the other side, so I told them to "get the **** out." They declared war, and I thought I could handle it with my superior tech....

WROOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!

They stared pouring in stacks of Knights. I realized "I got in some deep stuff here..." and restarted from my last Save.

They're moving again, just like last time...but I WON'T make the same mistake twice!!!
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

Even superior Units are no match for an endless supply of weaker ones. Sometimes you get creamed from sheer volume. It ain't pretty.

Steven
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Just block their progress w/ your units (assuming you have extra). That should slow them down until they start using boats.

Steven
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

sink their boats before they land troops. bigger bang for the buck.

also, you could gain a lot from rolling with the punches, and living through the "deep stuff".
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by steven8r
          Just block their progress w/ your units (assuming you have extra). That should slow them down until they start using boats.
          I've found that blocking land routes will often prompt a civ to just declare war anyway, so this could deliver a result he doesn't want.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
            sink their boats before they land troops. bigger bang for the buck.

also, you could gain a lot from rolling with the punches, and living through the "deep stuff".
            This is why the Byzantines are amazing 2.1.4 is ENORMOUSLY better than 1.1.3 (and the bombard doesn't hurt).

Playing as someone else, I find my pre-Ironclad sea battle to be extremely risky.

Comment

Working...
            X