GRAPHICS: New Wonder Background Can Display Larger Splashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHICS: New Wonder Background Can Display Larger Splashes

There is nothing stopping you from modifying the background splash to facilitate larger graphics. You could use larger pictures or add the history of the wonder or place multiple pictures, maybe showing multiple viewing angles of the wonder.

I have attached a copy of a wondersplash background that I through together as a sample. I did a quick test with it and it can hold a splash 570 pixels wide x 390 pixels high. I would use for the picture portion 568x320 so you would be able to put add the all the addtional info below to the picture (like the pryamid below).

I have no immediate plans to complete either of the 2 formats below as I am happy with my current regular size format. I am posting this to maybe spark an idea for someone else. I am hoping someone may get an idea for their mod or scenario. Still I wouldn't mind feedback on the formats below, I may get the will if there is a demand.

The preview are distorted because they are only 78% of actual size to meet posting requiremients.

Here is a preview:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pounder; January 1, 2004, 09:05.
    Goto My Library

reserved
    Goto My Library

Comment

reserved 2
      Goto My Library

Comment

reserved 3
        Goto My Library

Comment

Here is an in game sample of what it could be used for.

Edit: Please ignore the black fog on the picture, that has been since corrected.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pounder; January 1, 2004, 08:58.
          Goto My Library

Comment

Here is another in game sample:
            Attached Files
            Goto My Library

Comment

Here is the larger background file:
              Attached Files
              Goto My Library

Comment

I like especially the latest version. Do you plan to redo the mod in this format?
                Check my C3C Reference Tech Tree
                Test my Anti-Conquests Mod

Comment

I would say that the biggest challenge would be compiling the 40+ pictures that would be required.

Right now I am happy using the my current regular size New Format Splashes.

As I said in my first post, I am posting this to maybe spark an idea for someone else. I am hoping someone may get an idea for their mod or scenario.

Or maybe this type of modification could be applied to some other screen in the game.
                  Goto My Library

Comment

Working...
                  X