Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the Byzantines: Seafaring-Scientific good combo to get those scientific leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Byzantines are overpowered and I am not playing them because it is kinda boring to be honest. I am trying other seafaring civs now. I'm going to play around with the english some. Seafaring-commercial is redundant but the english have a coolness factor and I never played them much. My main worry is collosus automatically triggers thier GA very early so I will have to skip that wonder when I play them.

Vikings seem maybe too powerful too with the berserk so I don't play them much either.

Comment

My only beef is that my Dromons upgrade to Caravels. They should upgrade to Frigates, dammit

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
        My only beef is that my Dromons upgrade to Caravels. They should upgrade to Frigates, dammit
        I think I would prefer it this way. Frigates are dead ended, caravels are not and can become transports.

Comment

Originally posted by Artifex
          Vikings seem maybe too powerful too with the berserk so I don't play them much either.
          HEATHEN!!

Seriously, other than being SEA and of course the power of Berserks, Scandy sorta sucks.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Byzantines got me to Philosophy first, free tech Republic, AND 2 SGLs => 2 wonders trigging a golden age

One of the best turns ever in Civ
            "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

I think I would prefer it this way. Frigates are dead ended, caravels are not and can become transports.

Actually, Frigates upgrade to Destroyers now

As do Ironclads.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

Actually, Frigates upgrade to Destroyers now
                Are you *sure* about this? I tried to do this in my current game and it wasn't happening. The Civilopedia entry for the Frigate mentions no upgradeability.

Comment

Boy howdy. I'm playing the Byzants right now and I'm having one of my best games ever, and it's mostly a land game where the dromons don't even come in to use.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                  X