Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding more than 16 Civilizations

Hello,

I am new here at Apolyton and I was wondering if people here knew how I could have more than 16 civs in a scenario. The reason I ask is because a friend of mine is able to and he said there's something in the editor that would allow me to use all the civs on this gigantic world map created by someone. I can get 16 on it but for some reason the editor goes up to 16 and no higher than that.

The version of the editor is 1.5. Is there a higher version? If so where? Anyway, please let me know how I can add more than 16 civs to a map. I believe you can. Others have done it but they said it was automatic. Thanks in advance!

Cferra

I think they'd know better in the Creation sub-forum.

Comment

Okay, I hope a mod comes along and moves this thread.

Edit: Never mind I'll repost there..Thanks.

Comment

Version 1.5, that sounds like the one that was updated with a patch. Maybe 1.29F? The C3C editor is 1.01.

Anyway Civ3 editor only has 16 civs, so you need to create additional ones.
        PTW has 24 and C3C 31. The World Size is where you set the number of civs for the map. 16 is the default for huge. I am not sure what the restrictions are for a tiny map. I know people slam 24 into std ones.

Comment

This is something you have to do in the editor? There's no way to do this without creating a scenario or map?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

well, if you want lots of civs in the epic game, just mod a map size in your rules... i've got 31 on what comes out to a huge pangaea.
            it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

If you already have PTW or C3C...
              You need to check in the first screen of the editor, and modify the distance between civ starting locations. if you have a map size that doesn't have space for 31 civs (for example) spaced out at 20 squares between each starting location, the new setting will not apply and it will reset the # of civs back down to whatever the normal max would be based on the spacing of the map.

if you start with an initial large map this problem should also be rectified and you should be able to apply changes as well. make sure you're opening the conquests editor, too. i think it may make a difference if you're working through a regular old vanilla civ editor

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                This is something you have to do in the editor? There's no way to do this without creating a scenario or map?
                The editor is where you create/edit maps and then you can save it as a scenario. To play, just load-up your scenario.

Edit: Or, you could download someone else's scenario and load that one up. /edit

Steven
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X