Hints/Tips for Specific Campaigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints/Tips for Specific Campaigns

Does anyone know of any online hints/tips (or strategy guides) for the campaigns of C3C?......I'm doing very poorly on the first 3 campaigns that I started and would appreciate any help......for example in "the fall of rome" campaign.....the kinds of answers I'm looking for are: what are the right units to build, what techs to pursue, whether to invest in expansion and when is the right time to attack Rome.......thanks for any help.....

If you're the Celts, the right time to attack Rome is as soon as you can put a decent stack of raiders together - everyone else should probably wait until at least the Celtic Swordsman lookalike, IMO.

I pursue the Barbarian techs and no others in that scenario. The key to winning that one is less what YOU do, and more what you get the AI to do - diplomacy and alliances are king. It's very possible to win without doing any fighting at ALL until it's you and 1 other barbarian tribe remaining - simply by constantly getting military alliances with everyone but the biggest rival you have!
    Friedrich Psitalon
    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
    Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I thought of perhaps starting individual threads for each conquest, and then we can debate all the ins-and-outs of each campaign - but it smacked too much of total walkthrough and I wasn't sure if folks would support it...
      It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
      She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Working...
      X