No announcement yet.

Diplomacy Strategies (Emperor+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationalism is one of the techs the AI is very reluctant to trade. It will be expensive for a long time. If I trade for it I will wait for a very long time. Hoping to find a civ under stress that I can make a better deal for it.

Comment

Certainly not helped with C3C. The extra goodies loaded into it only serve to hint even more to the AI to hang on to it for all time
      Same would go for Replacement Parts, I'd guess. I'd certainly be wary about giving it to you lot, anyway
      It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
      She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

I give away old tech like crazy... as I like to play pristinely from a reputation / attitude perspective, this usually means that even at the end of a game, any (surviving) civs are polite or gracious.

Until I destroy them.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Maybe it's just because I'm still on lower levels(on my scond regent game right now), but the AI never seems to have anything worthwhile to trade in my games. They always seem to have little or no gold and be behind me in technology, I only ever need to trade with them for resources or world maps, or the occasional optional tech that I'd skipped myself.
          Also, I was messing around today with what I read was a common strategy of having no science and full tax, and buying all your tech from the AIs. When I tried this though, after finding the first three other civs they were all around 5 techs ahead of me and it cost all my gold just to buy one. Not sure where I've been going wrong.

Comment

Maybe it's just because I'm still on lower levels(on my scond regent game right now), but the AI never seems to have anything worthwhile to trade in my games. They always seem to have little or no gold and be behind me in technology
            Yes, it's due to the level of play.

Regarding the tech buying thing... well, I never really did that, so I can't offer any help there.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by steoc4
              Maybe it's just because I'm still on lower levels(on my scond regent game right now), but the AI never seems to have anything worthwhile to trade in my games. They always seem to have little or no gold and be behind me in technology, I only ever need to trade with them for resources or world maps, or the occasional optional tech that I'd skipped myself.
              Also, I was messing around today with what I read was a common strategy of having no science and full tax, and buying all your tech from the AIs. When I tried this though, after finding the first three other civs they were all around 5 techs ahead of me and it cost all my gold just to buy one. Not sure where I've been going wrong.
              That tactic was not intended for anything below Monarch and probably requires Emperor to be useful. At Regent, you will have to do nearly all your own research or the game will slow way down.

It also benefits from having contacts with all the civs as that will make techs cheaper. You would want to stop it after Education and universities, I would think.

I would also wonder if it is applicable now with C3C and 50 turn research. You have to watch out for some tactics as new versions and patches have come out and changed the mechanics of the game. (IMO)

Comment

Working...
              X