Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with resources

Hi,

After reading through a lot of threads, I'm not sure I'm dumb anymore or I'm having a real problem with Conquests. My cities have strategic resources in their range (either cultural or even in the 2square range), like horses and iron, but nothing appears inside the city's strategic resource box and I can't build any units who need those resources.

In Civ3 you only needed to have those resources in range. Do you need anything different in Conquests, like road to the resource square or something?

Cheers!

Resources must be inside your cultural boundary and connected by a road. This has always been the case.

If outside your boundaries, you can build a colony on a resource using a worker and connect the colony to your cities by a road.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks a lot! It's been sometime indeed since I played Civ3 and I had the idea that you didn't need a road to it. RTFM would apply to me, but the manual is inside the game box which is buried in the closet under all the others, and I'm just too lazy...

Comment

You will need to have any other cities connected to the capitol by road for them to use the resources. So connect the resource to the city and that city to the grid.

I should add that harbors and airports can be used to connect as well.

Comment

Working...
        X