No announcement yet.

The Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, yes. I've used the US to overwhelm everyone within a hundred tile radius of my capital (namely, the Iroquois, the Aztecs, and the Inca) and do it very quickly...less that 60 turns after starting the game, in fact. On El Mencey's 362*362 world map, if you play right, ALL of north america can be yours if you play the Americans. Quite an underrated civ, actually.
    Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Originally posted by PresidentMarcos
      On El Mencey's 362*362 world map, if you play right, ALL of north america can be yours if you play the Americans. Quite an underrated civ, actually.
      Most, if not all, of South America as well.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I'm Playing with the Americans right now. I just took Rome and Veii with my Horsemen + Swordsman rush (the swordsmen being upgraded goody hut wariors).

Comment

Excellent info for a newbie!
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Wow. Is that from a historical starting location?
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Where can I get the El Mencey's map?
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Try Civfanatics. I was going to suggest his own website but I keep getting blown away by all of the crappy pop-ups.

Comment

Working...
                X