Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Future Versions

just a few suggestion for patches/addons/new releases

1) Anyone played fireaxis' alpha centauri - sure ya did - stupid question = well they got "supply" units like the crawler or whatever that could boost a base with resources by 'working' a distant field. I used to create small island with lots of boreholes on em and used supply crawlers to boost my tighly spaced cities.

Simple implementation via existing stuff: Colonies don't really get used. The only way to make sure the resource is yours and stays yours is to slap down a city there, or else the AI will slap one down. So colonies are useless. Well what if you made colonies more useful by letting them extract any resource from a given field, though just one type (just like Alpha centauri). Of course, you would have to be able to build colonies within your own boarders. And if it happens that a resource is on the same field, then you can either decide to extract the resource or any other stuff.

2) Claiming land: I am someone who likes to build loosly, so i don't have to manage to many cities in the later part of the game. I like it when my cities cover large areas with their culture rating. But sometimes you can't cover every square inch of your island, and the AI will often try to move a settler there.

But YOU know, that that land is yours, even though you don't have your borders around it. It just feels like it . And it pisses 'you' off when the AI trys to claim it with a stupid city, that will eventually take more of your land away.

Well, what about a new Unit ability (perhaps special?) where a unit can 'Claim Land'. Say it takes 5 turns for neutral territory, where then the border gets extended (perhaps create a artifical culture rating in that square so the country keeps it). And also, military units should be able to claim Enemy territory. Just think of the pakistani, indian land dispute. Both think they own it and make attempts to grab it. Make the turns required longer so the defending player can stop them from claiming. Also, the only way to keep claimed enemy territory with enemy cities around should be by continously garrision that tile. So once you move it, you lose it. Call it "OCCUPATION".

3) selling land or turning over land after a player deal.

Also what would be a nice feature is for players to turn over control of land to another player. Like, right click on the tile, select the option, etc... . It would make it possible for other countries to create military outposts (airbases + a second tile for a radar tower + maybe a third for a bunker? whatever is needed) on their land so they can attack a common enemy. Would sure help if an ally could fly in support to an airbase.

And when war is declared on each other, any territory 'lended' to the other party would naturally be given back and units returned to the capital as to not abuse it.

I guess game code wise this could be treated as 'flags' on the map as where those tiles are not influenced by culture rating/expansions, but only by events occuring on the map.

Thoughts?

Go to the civ/future forum.

Comment

I'd agree with #1 and 2 above. I would also like to see tactical combat resolution and some elements from CtP 2 (increased farming/mining at higher techs, underwater cities, etc.). I would also like to see more action in space around the solar system (colonizing/settling moons and planets, bases, space stations, mining asteroids, etc).
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I was going to repost this, but since someone responded, wouldn't it be easier to move this thread to the appropriate forum (i'm sorry , didn't see the "future" forum since there are so many of them).

A few more suggestions i had previously forgotted:

- Supply trucks, with the basic function of being built in one city, 'driven' to another, and disbanded for full reimbersment of construction cost to boost the other 'weaker' city.

- What i remember from an old Civ game, was having FARMLAND, not just irrigation. I loved the sight of my land covered with these beautiful farm land textures. Looked a lot better than those irrigation thingies - makes me feel i'm still in the stone age.

- I wish Ships could use tiles with RIVERS on them. Obviously the rivers depicted in the game are major rivers, so they should also be able to support transit.

Of course, all ships using rivers should have a 50-75% defense/attack penalty due to immobility. This would make it possible to have canals through continents and other cool possibilities while staying in the real of realism.

- Biggest wish of all, CREATING PUPPET REGIMES - or call it just installing NEW LEADERS. 99% when i conquer enemy territory, i end up with this big clump of useless cities i dont want to spend time managing. Usually i end up either giving them to a smaller civilization that is friendly to me, or i abandon all cities and install one general city that can cover a lot of territory with its culture points.

Now, if it only were possible to create new leaders that are friendly to the nation who created them (at least for a while, until they develop nationalism (not the tech, but the mentality) - say 30 years?). This would be like the US with Iraq right now. US deposed of a leader no one liked and installs a new government independent from everyone else, which will most likely remain friendly to the US.

Also, this would help keep some variety in the game. Afterall, who wants to keep on playing when the AI whipped out all other AI and the only ones left in the modern age is you and this big ass AI. Now if you could create new leaders, you could keep it interesting.

Comment

Puppet regimes sound cool. I also forgot to mention civil wars.

Contact a moderator. They can move the thread for you.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
          X