No announcement yet.

Are outposts working like they should?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are outposts working like they should?

It says on mountain, they can see a range of 4, but they only see 4 if you count the square they are on.

Is that right? I feel jipped.

Comment

i also can only see 3 when it's on a mountain when it says 4, and i can only see 2 when on a hill, when it says 3.

i assume it counts the square it's on. i'm not sure if this is what firaxis intended (i always thought LOS of 2 means "see 2 tiles in frony of you), but thats the way it is.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Thanx for replying. Yes, it does seem to be seeing one short. At least, if it could actually see 4 out when on a mountain, it would be more worthwhile using up a worker for them.

Comment

thats what slaves are for. yarrr.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Maybe they see one tile short because you used slaves to build it, and, being slaves, they were so mistreated that their vision got blurred.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

That's funny Alex, but that's not the case at all.

Comment

at least I made you smile.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I tested this out yesterday and this is what I notcied: Both hills and mountains gives you a line of sight of 3 tiles (they are basically the same as far as line-of-sight goes), even though the manual clearly states that mountains give you a range of 4 tiles. I believe that this should be an easy enough fix....
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

... i just did a test and hills only gave me 2 tiles.

Comment

I'm just shocked that people actually use outposts!

Comment

I would have liked to see Outposts become Radar Towers with the appropriate tech. That way, once Radar became available, all existing and new outposts would have increased LoS and the combat bonus.

I don't know why we have both.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          I'm just shocked that people actually use outposts!
                          they're quite useful in MP. and if i could see 4 squares from a mountain, they'd be even more useful.

Comment

Working...
                          X