Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing the Princess

I feel like a moron asking this but:

The Conquests manual states that I have one of my military units execute the capture command while it sits on the same square as an enemy princess.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how perform said "Capture". I've already got my unit sitting on the same square...
    I not only dream in colour, I dream in 32-bit colour.

Not sure about this as I have never played capture the princess but...

Go into preferences and turn on the advanced buttons (if you haven't already done so). In the AoD scenario there is a button on the right of the middle row that allows picking up treasure - I assume there will be an equivalent one for what you need to do.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Thanks CerberusIV but there's no button. Do you remember the shortcut for picking up treasure though? I'd make sense if they used the same one but perhaps forgot to program in a button.
      I not only dream in colour, I dream in 32-bit colour.

Comment

shift-s
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Does anyone know how to capture the princess? Shift-s dosent seem to work and I can get no button to show up for this option. I have searched these forums but havent seen an answer. Any help would be appretiated.

Comment

Originally posted by jln_wasabi
            Does anyone know how to capture the princess? Shift-s dosent seem to work and I can get no button to show up for this option. I have searched these forums but havent seen an answer. Any help would be appretiated.
            There seems to be some sort of bug with this. I've read of other players having the same problem.

Comment

It brings the question as to why it is not an automatic process the way capturing workers is.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I have this same problem. The princess simply becomes one of my units and I can't do anything with it.

Comment

Working...
                X