Two Scenario Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Scenario Crashes

Two scenarios of mine are crashing in different ways. The first has been extensively modified, but the second has not (it uses a downloaded map, has starting locations set by me, and there have been some changes to the city names).

The first scenario crashes during my turn while the computer is telling me my builds. The computer suddenly tells me

LOAD ERROR
    Error Reading File
    Missing Entry in "Text\PediaIcons.txt":Animname_

It doesn't seem to be triggered by anything I am building, since it happens even if I change all production to swordsmen.

The second scenario crashes when I have one unit in my second city and then go to choose something else to build there. I get no error message - civ simply closes.

Help!
    Greg

Re: Two Scenario Crashes

Originally posted by Greg1

LOAD ERROR
    Error Reading File
    Missing Entry in "Text\PediaIcons.txt":Animname_

It doesn't seem to be triggered by anything I am building, since it happens even if I change all production to swordsmen.
    This is a unit problem. You have to add a line in the pediaicons.txt file that corresponds to the PRTO_Your_Unit entry in the editor. It doesn't matter if your building it or not, the game still accesses the directory in the build list for certain graphics. If it can't find them the game will close. Go to the bottom of the pediicons file to see how that line is being used by the other units.

Comment

And the second crash come from the same problem.
      Actually, the ANIMNAME line should direct to the directory of the unit. Useful for differents units with the same graphics.

ex:
      #ANIMNAME_Hospitaler
      Hospitaler
      Excuse my orthography, my grammar, my syntax, my vocabulary and my punctuation, but hey, you probably saw worse
      If not.. Enjoy ! :)

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice. I'm afraid that before I go poking around in the files like that, I'll have to learn a lot more about Civ. Is there any way to isolate the problem that doesn't require me to leave the editor? Failing that, is there any way to make sure that if I try to write a scenario again, this problem does not arise? I have written other scenarios that don't crash this way.

I know that there is no substitute for knowing how to edit the files, but if I'm going to spend time in study right now, there are other things I should be learning.

Thanks,
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X