No announcement yet.

Was FP Corruption Bug fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I've decided to install it, but will make sure to save the old conquest files as urged. Also is there a way, to change the attributes of the FP so it operates correctly.

Mainly because I'm pretty sure that this current FP functionality will be corrected and don't want to create a whole new play style for a change that will be fixed(and IMHO it needs to be fixed, corruption is TOO high and should not be increased, if you think that the FP unbalances the game play sid level). Also when this is fixed my scores for the games I play with the patch will be equivilant with the new game I'll play.

Of course I have to admit I might end up like that guy in Green Eggs and Ham and when I try it I'll like it, but we shall see. Either way with the removal of the GPT bug the game at worst is probably break even from the original.

Aggie
    Last edited by Aggie; December 29, 2003, 13:57.
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Looking at the track record of all gaming companies, it is not a place with much longevity.

Comment

• It is very hard to admit you are wrong about something.
        It sure is, jimmy. It sure is.

And in that vein, I'm impressed and gladdened by some of the detailed analyses regarding usage and effects of the New FP and can't wait to finish my pre-beta-patch game so I can start a patched game and find out "what's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin'".

If it makes the AI more competitive without exponentially increasing micro-management, then Woo-freakin'-hoo!
        "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

• In response to the thread title "Was FP Corruption Bug Fixed?" the answer seems to be: yes and no.

Jesse Smith posted over at CFC:

Originally posted by Tavis [aka Jesse Smith of Firaxis] at CFC
          Corruption

The evaluation regarding RCP working as it was originally intended is correct.

FP's and SPHQ should reduce corruption whether they are located 10 tiles away or they built on another continent 40 tiles away. This is a bug and will be addressed in the January update.

Thanks for all of the great feedback, I'm going to be kept very busy this year =)

Tavis
          Haven't seen this posted here yet, but I've not gone through all the threads yet either, so it may be old news.

EDIT: I now see that Jesse has posted more or less the same comment in the "Do you build the FP now and how has optimal placement changed?" thread:

Originally posted by JesseSmith
          It is a bug that the FP doesn't provide a new set of city ranks. The fix was stopping the negative corruption calculation which presented this problem.

The design is that your FP or SPHQ should "reduce corruption" whether its 15 tiles away or on the other side of the map.
          END EDIT

Catt
          Last edited by Catt; December 29, 2003, 20:55.

Comment

• Depends upon the particular conquest.

In the discovery conquests playing one of the MesoAmericans, then right after contact with Europe, you can make a GPT fortune due to the bug.

MesoAmerican also had some money to be made from the GPT from all playable civs after Monarchy becomes adviable.

But agreed about it being much less than in epic games due to Harbors being delayed and the shorter timeframe so good roadnets don't develop unless you RoP with your neighbors just to road connect empires.

Originally posted by Master Marcus

The GPT bug IS fixed, yes. Good for epic games of course ( no more extra money for artificially-enhanced mass rushbuilding each turn ), but speaking for the official scenarios it's not a feature that's gonna really change something, since only scarcely can we incite the AI for gpt deals and the amounts involved are much smaller than a standard epic game, but still...the most important bug is fixed; and in my mind if we want to play by the standard rules, we must accept the way the corruption is since it's an intentionnal feature- the most important thing about it for the devs is to code it right that it applies to every civ the same way. Personnaly, I still find the FP useful.

Good job Soren and the devs
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• Catt, so this universal corruption reducing effect will be fixed in January?

Did I read Jesse's post correct?

bTW, why do apolytoner's not hear from Jesse directly on this issue while CFC people gets his undivided attention -_-
              AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
              Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
              Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

• Re: Firaxis Doomed?

double post. ignore.
                AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

• Originally posted by OPD
                  The FP is fixed and works as it was intended to, only reducing distance corruption.

The fact that the FP now has a reduced effect is a different matter, it is certainly not a bug.
                  Originally posted by JesseSmith
                  It is a bug that the FP doesn't provide a new set of city ranks. The fix was stopping the negative corruption calculation which presented this problem.

The design is that your FP or SPHQ should "reduce corruption" whether its 15 tiles away or on the other side of the map.

I don't think what I said could have been more obviously contradicted
                  Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• I wasn't sure exactly what Jesse's post meant either.........so there are still FP changes in the pipeline?

Comment

• Sounds like it, yeah.

Seems that they meant to have the FP provide a second core ("It is a bug that the FP doesn't provide a new set of city ranks").

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• well, all those who were complaining were actually right... the "new" FP is a bug.

hey, at least those who liked this change have the option of not installing the January patch.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Nah, in the battle of the FP bugs this one is preferable to unpatched C3C.

They'll get it right eventually.

Comment

• While they keep working on it...it's good enough for me
                            When the bugs STOP being worked on, THEN we complain
                            It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                            She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

• No, then we riot.

Sir, Apolyton has lost all productivity, due to flaming and general complaints!
                              The people want patches, more expansions, and Civ4..
                              What shall we do?

* I'll deal with 'the freaks' of Apolyton, later
                              * Ahhh, give 'em a patch
                              * Start posting about Civ4
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You'd better pray they don't 'whip' us afterwards to reduce our numbers, then
                                It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                                She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Working...
                                X