multiple copies of conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple copies of conquests

gimmie the quick "how to install 2 copies of conquests" step by step. i need the current version and the old one. k, thanks.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

do you have two hard drives?
    (at least, that's the only why I know of how to do it...)

Comment

no. i can't just install to a second directory?
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Install game. Patch as you want it.

Rename the directory game is in.

Uninstall game. It will only removed registry pointers and things. It will not delete the game files since it can't find them in the directory it installed in.

Reinstall game.

Patch as necessary.

Voila!

Only one game (the latest installed one) will be started from any icons on the desktop or from the Windows start menu, but if you go to the directory you renamed the first installed game to and run the exe file it will work.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

do i have to have two copies of THE ENTIRE GAME (ie, the entire civilization iii folder) or just conquests?

Comment

Unsure, but if you installed two as I suggest, then rename one of the Conquests folders, place it in the Civ3 directory of the other install (so you have a Conquests As Released directory and a Conquests Patched directory), then delete the civ3 directory that no longer has Conquests in it, this may work.

I may try this myself (am thinking of the Seafaring PBEM and MZODG as well!), but I may just have two or three complete installs scattered around. Depends how lazy I get.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
            X