Difficulty Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty Level

Once your into a game is there any way you can check what difficulty level setting you are playing at?

I started a game ages ago and now can't remember.

TIA

uhm, you could

a) inspect a city. count the rows in the production and food box. you always have ten.
    if the AI has 4:sid ; 6:deity ; the rest you can look up in the editor under difficulty levels

b) use gramphos' multitool (in the files section)

there probably are easier ways, but i can't think of any at the moment...
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

when you load a game it displays the difficulty. You know, in this box:

"Saved Game

Difficulty Level: Sid
      Saint Joan d'Arc of the French
      Date 130 BC"
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

yep, just load the game. That's how I tell. Or retire and see your final score.

Comment

Load the game or start a new one. The new one will have the previous one as the default. I get burnt by that all the time.
          I DL from here and later start a new one and it has the old ones level and always seems to have autosave on.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            Load the game or start a new one. The new one will have the previous one as the default. I get burnt by that all the time.
            I DL from here and later start a new one and it has the old ones level and always seems to have autosave on.
            REALLY? So if I was playing a Monarch game and loaded an old Chieftain save of mine I would be playing on Monarch difficulty?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Sorry that was clear as mud. If you start a new game it will use the settings that was in the last game. So if you played a chief and started a new game and failed to select a new level, if would use chief. If autosave had been on, it would be on for the new game.
              RNG and respawn are few of the others that can get you. I try to remember to check them fo rany new game, but it is easy to rush past them. Then find out you got one or more of them set differently than you wanted.

So downloading a game for here or any place can cause to you get the wrong settings. If you are careless or rush like I often do.

Comment

Thanks all.

Yep, as you load your game it gives the difficulty level there.

Perhaps Fraxis might like to consider giving an in-game settings screen in a later release.

You could then check on barbarians hostile / docile, AI will / will not respawn etc.

There are loads of settings and I can never remember what I've set.

Should write them down on paper at game setup stage I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X