Major differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major differences

I already have Civ 3 and Play the world. Should I buy C3C? What are the big differences? Pros and cons.

Thanks!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

AFAIK, when you buy C3C, if for some reason you want to, the PTW executable will still be there, untouched by the installation. So you can use it.

Of course, the reasons to purchase it would be things like the changes--which have supposedly made the game what it was supposed to be all along, the CONQUESTS :drool:, and the improved editor. Which is pretty darn fine for a $10 expansion pack...
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If you like Civ3/PTW buy it - it is an improvement in many ways. That's really all there is to say. If you want the details you will just have to go through some of the threads in this forum.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

but esp. if you want to play the scenarios

the civ traits alone are worth $10 .

Comment

Do I have to have ptw to have the 24 civs? Or does it come with C3C? Does C3C require PTW?

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
            Do I have to have ptw to have the 24 civs? Or does it come with C3C? Does C3C require PTW?

Spec.
            No you do not need PTW, only the original civIII.

PTW allows 24 civs and C3C allows 31 + barbs.

PTW comes with C3C.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              PTW comes with C3C.
              Or is it the other way around?

With PTW I have only 24 available civs, I have to make the 7 others. And I dont have the new wonders you guys are talking about.

Spec.

Comment

Or is it the other way around?

With PTW I have only 24 available civs, I have to make the 7 others. And I dont have the new wonders you guys are talking about.

Spec.
                What vxma meant was that PTW is included with Conquests. The new races alone make it a must have, IMO.
                Three words :- Increase your medication.

Comment

With PTW I have only 24 available civs, I have to make the 7 others.

Spec.
                  Yes you DO need to make them yourself, but the game lets you have 31 civs if there are that many made up, which is more than Civ3 lets you have.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                  X