No announcement yet.

capital growth beyond 12 w/o hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capital growth beyond 12 w/o hospital?

i'm playing a game, as the celts, and I noticed all of a sudden that the population was above 12, and I haven't even discovered santiation (hospitals) yet!

is this normal?

No. Were you playing a mod or scenario? Have you got a save?
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Shakespeare's Theatre.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

oh yeah you're right it is shakespeare's theatre.. it even says so in the civilopedia

Comment

That is new with c3c. Makes Free Artistry a bit more attractive.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You're about to discover a nice little bug (I'm taking this info from the bug thread): Once you research Sanitation, you will be able to build a (useless) hospital in the city with Shakespeare's.
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

i noticed the available hospital, still didn't put in any build queue though

Comment

Thats an interesting new addition.

Just how much more valuable does this make free artistry and the theatre?
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Shakey's is huge, huge now. Perfect for a wonder producing city. Probably doubles the shield output. And no happiness problems to boot. I build it and immediately jack it up with loose workers.

Comment

Yes, this is nice addition. Early megacity is wonderbar!

Comment

It seems great, but you lose a lot of time building Shakespears. So it makes it difficult to get other wonders in this city. But still a good wonder for a capitol or other major city I'd imagine.

Comment

yeah it's nice gameplaywise, but feels a bit artificial imo

what's the motivation for having a theatre increase the population?
                        daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Comment

mabye it draws in out of towners who want to enjoy the cultrual richness of the theatre.

Comment

maybe there's free food at the theatre too?

Comment

FREE HAT!
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X