Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FP Bug

Hi

Can anyone give any workarounds for the FP bug. How to avoid, what buildings are useful in combating this?

Well, the beta patch is due out this week sometime and I believe we will get some relief on this issue.

Comment

Until the patch comes out, do not build the Forbidden Palace.

Comment

Re: FP Bug

Originally posted by anteos
        Hi

Can anyone give any workarounds for the FP bug. How to avoid, what buildings are useful in combating this?
        What bug are you referring to, I haven't heard about that one.

Comment

I believe the "bug" he is talking about deals with having the corruption rate within your civilization actually rise after building the FP.

Comment

Especially under Communism, too. Adding Secret Police Headquarters to the mix REALLY adds to the problem.

Borked.

Comment

I find that if I build cities at varied distances as much as possible (around the future site for the FP as well), that building the FP can work out to give about a 25% increase in economy. If you're doubling up OCN numbers already though, it will hurt to build the FP most anywhere. Also the FP is a great thing to build if your starting core isn't such great terrain, but you are able to aquire much better land somewhere else.

Optimally, I try to have a city at each distance out to 8 or so, and then add the FP to a similar core of cities. Keep cities spaced more than you otherwise would, and make sure each of them have 12 good workable tiles and are built on fresh water sources as much as possible. Get the Courthouses built and populations high in cities around the FP core before the FP is finished if possible.

Another thing that helps is planning what your cities will be doing. For example, a Settler factory at OCN 3 or 4 will still be able to be a good Worker factory at OCN 6 or 8. Since building the FP should be near the end of your expansion, it works out well. No more Settlers are needed, and Workers are probably needed to pump up the populations of your new 'productive' cities and make sure they are working improved tiles.

Comment

But there's a lot of us who don't look at OCN as a factor- we just build according to the terrain. Thankfully, its getting fixed, but to what extent OCN will still be a factor, who knows...

Comment

I've highly perfered natural terraign city placement myself, and have always felt free to very off the guideline by one tile when it's advantegous.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                  X