Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end game

Hi

I've completed two games at chieften level and I've noticed that on both occassions I won via points victory and not by space victory.

Is this because the game is harder or because of the fp bug. In both games I've had quite large empires and yet I'm just about making it into the modern age, before game over?

A strange side-effect of lower levels is that tech is more slowly researched. Therefore it's not unusual to hit 2050 before modern age.
    On emperor or above you often hit modern around 1500 (IIRC)..
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The FP issue is not the problem. It was the same in PTW or CivIII.
      The problemis as alva said. You have to do all the research or nearly all of it yourself at the lower levels, so it takes longer.

As you move up, the AI will beat you to some techs and make them effectively cheaper to research.

Comment

Yep. As you go into higher levels you'll have to manipulate the science/entertainment bar so much because techs will come and go like crazy. You might just wish they would take a lot longer to research.

Comment

Working...
        X