Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the Civ III equivalent of MGE or is it still to come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the Civ III equivalent of MGE or is it still to come?

The title says it all. I haven't been following the development of Conquests so I would appreciate if someone can tell me if this is THE "package" or are things still missing in it. I am thinking of multiplayer, scenarios and everything else, like Civ 2 MGE was THE package for Civ 2.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly (never bothered with MGE, I just got both Scenarios and FW), MGE included both scenario add-on packs to Civ2 and (new) Multiplayer capability. Conquests is the second add-on for Civ3, and thus you need either the original game or the version packaged with the first add on (Play the World), in the Civ3 Gold edition, to be able to run Conquests. So no, Conquests is NOT like MGE.

I could not make a call on multiplayer for Conquests beyond email games, but overall Conquests is a professional package, and just the sort of thing that works well as an add-on to Civ3. And I haven't even played any of the Conquests yet!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

They'll probably make a civ3+conquests package eventually, but no new stuff is gonna be added to civ 3.

MrWherItsAt, you do realize that your sig link doesn't lead anywhere, don't you?
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Where do you get the idea there will be nothing further for Civ3?

you do realize that your sig link doesn't lead anywhere, don't you?
        AGH! Alright, alright. I'll change it back..... Ming edited that post.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

They've started on civ4. I don't think they'd start a whole new XP for civ3.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Didn't they already release a "Gold" edition?

Comment

They could easily squeeze another expansion in between now and Civ4 if they did like they did for C3C i.e. contract with a company like Breakaway to do a lot of the work.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Yes you are correct the Civ MGE had both of the exp packs and the original as well as the MP function. ToT has all of that and some additional stuff and the option to play the original game with a new look or use the classic one.

I am not convinced that we wil not see something like that for CivIII. They can use Breakaway or even some other house to do that if need be. If the time it will take to get Civ4 out is long wnough, it would make some sense.

Comment

Working...
                X