More Questions about C3 and C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Questions about C3 and C3C

1. I cannot get a lan game to work. We can play via the Internet without an issue (minor lag though), but when we try and play lan, my wife never sees the game on the list, thus cannot connect. We have played C2:ToT for years via lan without issue, so I am at a loss. We played Internet with the firewalls on and off, worked either way (I think I set them up correctly, thus no issue).

2. Is there a difference in SP games of C3 and C3C, once C3C is installed? The splash screens on startup are different, as well as some options...if they are different, are saved games compatible between the versions? So, for instance, is Fascism available in SP C3 or ONLY in C3C, etc.?

More later as the thread grows...
    Otiosis locus hic non est, discede morator!

1. Once you have setup a multiplayer LAN game and your wife trys to join through her computer, make sure that she is looking at the "Local" games (ie, LAN) and not the "Internet" games. There is a tab on the mid/lower left side of the screen that should state local.
    Also, is your wife able to see your computer? Ie, both show up on the local area network? If the computers can't see each other prior to launching the game, they will not be able to see each other during the game.

2. Yes there is a difference. Civ3 is Civ3 and C3C is C3C. Even though you need Civ3 to play C3C, I believe that the saves/settings are incompatible with each other (without modding that is).

Comment

Yes, we can see the others computers on the home lan (I use her printer to print with), but we cannot connect in game...my game does not show up on the local games list. This is not a firewall issue, as I disabled them and shut off the cable modem (to be safe)--no dice... But that should not matter, as with the firewalls up, we play an Internet game no problem (as I stated above, slightly laggy). I am at a total loss here...and I cannot seem to find anything on this issue...I will keep looking.

Comment

This might sound rather radical, but the only thing I can think to do then to to delete the games from both computers and perform a fresh install (after a restart, of course)...

Comment

Three hours of trial and error...mostly error...still no luck...

....I give up...for now.

Comment

Re: More Questions about C3 and C3C

Originally posted by Hrafn

2. Is there a difference in SP games of C3 and C3C, once C3C is installed? The splash screens on startup are different, as well as some options...if they are different, are saved games compatible between the versions? So, for instance, is Fascism available in SP C3 or ONLY in C3C, etc.?

More later as the thread grows...
            PtW saves (at least v1.27f) can be loaded in C3C without any noticeable glitches on loading. However, the game will play according to C3C rules, so the changes to corruption and gpt bugs will apply, as will the fact that the new techs etc. for C3C will show up. I have not played this way however, so I cannot say if there will be any glitches with time.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

C3C can run any version of civ3 saved game. It will use new C3C mechanics, such as corruption calculation, with old game stats, which is saved in the save file.

Comment

Working...
              X