Resolution problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution problems

Hi. I've got this computer that has a really crap monitor. It can only do 1024 x 786 @ 60Hz. (well it can do lower resolutions too)

ANyways, we decided to install civ gold, and conquests on it. I thought these games ran at 1024 x 786, but, it seems that they don't.

THe game boots up, i get to see the FMV intro etc, but then the monitor turns off when it gets to the opening option screen.

What resolution does this game run at? I'm sure it's spose to run at 1024x786. Theres nothing wrong with the rest of the computer, as i swapped my good monitor on to that computer, and it works fine.

Is there any way of playing the game at 1024 x 786?

And while i'm here, is there any way of playing the game on a resolution HIGHER than default? (for my good computer)

After mucking around in the .ini file, i managed to fix my problem by setting the refresh rate to 60.

Comment

how can you tell what resolution the game is running?

I know my computer runs those same resolutions, but I'm not sure what the game is running.

Comment

snoochems Look at the thread that talks about the INI. There is a setting for res and one to use the desktop.

Comment

Yeah, i looked at the ini thread just after i posted this thread. Pity i didn't see it b4 i posted. SO it wasn't even a resolution problem at all. More like a Refresh problem.

Comment

And while i'm here, is there any way of playing the game on a resolution HIGHER than default? (for my good computer)
            keepres does wonders...

really, the game shouldn't be played at less than 1600x1200
            it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

I tried using the VideoMode=1280 (or =1600) and it does squat. Any reason?

Comment

It doesn't work for me either.

Comment

Working...
                X