Civ III: Conquests Patch Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Joy!, Oh Joy!

Thank you gentlemen, you have made me a truly happy person this day.
    I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
    "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

Yay!!!

This're great news for us, the civ community.

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
      Indiana Jones
      Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

You guys are AWESOME!!

Sir Ralph's 3 week vacation just got trashed (or vice versa!).

Any specifics on the corruption fixes, or is alexman expected to figure it out by, oh, 10am tomorrow?

Very very cool... is there anything specific you want us all to be looking for during this beta phase?

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

For anyone reading this thread after 12/11, there is MUCH discussion in the following pages re a change to the combat model... which Firaxis, as of said date, decided not to include in the patch.
        Last edited by Theseus; December 12, 2003, 00:56.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Wise choice Firaxis!

Many thanks to Mike

/me gets ready to put a capital lettered, bolded, font size=4 BETA notice next to the download link for those that want only perfect things in their life(as if everything else is)
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Combat System "Less Streaky"

The Change was having the random number generator (rng) calculate the Results 4 times instead of 1.

Possible Outcomes: AttackerLoses, AttackerWins

If there is a tie, it retries.

This forces the combat system to be more accurate and less "streaky"

On the SEED:

The SEED allows you to type 'CIVILIZATION' and it generates a map. Anytime you use the SEED: CIVILIZATION you will get the same map (only type in the SEED, ignore the other settings).

Comment

The SEED allows you to type 'CIVILIZATION' and it generates a map. Anytime you use the SEED: CIVILIZATION you will get the same map (only type in the SEED, ignore the other settings).
              oh my i'm looking forward for the "look what strange word i typed in and what kind of map i got" thread

better yet, spare me the agony, Jesse, please post a screen of the BUSH world

Comment

This is great. First I finally read the Civ4 release announcement, then I find out that the patch is coming in a week. Woohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Thanks Firaxis, and those who worked most on this, for your hardwork on getting this patch out ASAP.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Re: Re: Civ III: Conquests Patch Notice

Originally posted by Kloreep

Has the handling of Ring City Placement corruption ranks been changed, or is this just a fix for the FP?

If it's not, please give us the 411. We modified this during the development of Conquests to correct the distribution levels. It does not work the same as it did in vanilla or PTW.

Comment

I'm gonna cry!! Merry Xmas every one!!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, will old save games be compatible? (so I can plan my MP gaming accordingly)

Comment

Save Games are compatible across versions.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Civ III: Conquests Patch Notice

Originally posted by JesseSmith
                          If it's not, please give us the 411. We modified this during the development of Conquests to correct the distribution levels. It does not work the same as it did in vanilla or PTW.
                          Jesse, not sure I understand: You are saying that both the RCP 'fix' and the FP problem are being addressed?

/me assumes the Sid Prayer Position.
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Civ III: Conquests Patch Notice

Originally posted by JesseSmith

If it's not, please give us the 411.
                            Since it was only directed at MB before, an additional hearty and sincere to Jesse! Initial indiactions were for a patch no earlier than mid-January. A patch before the holidays, even a BETA * Catt nods at MarkG's observation and agrees about the likely outcome *, is a fantastic response to hardcore-fan desires. Kudos and a toast to you all at Firaxis

Catt

Comment

Jesse via mail on ROW(Rest Of the World)
                              The patch is for all languages. The new text in the labels.txt just won't be translated. Since the patch will NOT include ALL of the ROW 1.02 files, ROW owners should patch 1.02 BEFORE installing Beta v1.10.

Comment

Uh, and I've GOTTA ask this:

Marine+Berserk Armies?

Huh? Huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X