Graphics etc problems w/ Conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found something:
    Ok, this REALLY sucks. I just spent the time to download the 500mb trial of Conquests, and this is what I get. I have a AMD 2100+, 1GB RAM, and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with the latest video and VIA 4-in-1 drivers. I should mention that regular Civ 3 works just fine, it's just Conquests that...

might help...

seems like the trial vers of C3C is using the wrong files from C3... mmmm...

Comment

Well, I contacted Trymedia games, and they did confirm the incompatibility of the DL'd ver. of CivIII Gold and any CD of Conquests. They gave me a refund on the CivIII Gold, and I DL'd CivIII Game of the Year (plain ol' CivIII works just as well) along with Conquests and everything works fine. Wish they'd make it clear on their DL site tho. That's all. Bye.

Comment

Warning - Active Mark Product

If you have purchased a store version of CIV II (which, I preume 95% of the people who own this game have) do not try and purchase the Conquest version from online. It is seemingly a hacked version that has the following problems:
        A) Completley incompatible with the store bought verison (you will have to buy "Active Mark" version..this is NOT mentioned on the web site)
        B) This version is not patched and CANNOT be patched.

I have requested a refund but will also dispute even though this shady company claims "A dispute will elongate the time to process your refund". Ummm...what kind of sense does this make?

This company reeks of scam. I do not understand why Firaxis would get in bed with them?

General Warning.

Comment

Working...
        X