Reduced chance of SGLs in PBEM mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced chance of SGLs in PBEM mode?

Has anyone else experienced this or is just a result of the RNG forces?

In SP mode I tend to generate far more SGLs than PBEM mode from techs I am the first to research.

Your sample size (in techs researched during PBEM games) is how big?

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

My PBEM games have gone on as far as my SP games but I have played far more PBEM games than SP ones.

I have two PBEMs that were two player PBEMs and I generated approxiamately 20 techs first between them and NO SGL was produced.

As opposed to the three I played in SP where I generated a total of 15-17 techs and generated 8 SGLs.

By no means a large sample which is why I posted a thread to see if I could get other players observations and increase the sample size. But nice troll anyway, Dominae.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
        But nice troll anyway, Dominae.
        You know I try...
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Maybe SGLs are considered random events like Volcanic Eruptions and Plagues and so aren't included in any MP games???

Has anyone managed to get a SGL in an MP game? I should hope so...or out the window goes the wonder rushing.

Comment

Bumping this, because I'd like to know if anyones gotten one yet, too.

E_T
            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
            Worship the Comic here!
            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

SGL happen in online MP games. I average one every five games with a sci civ, maybe be one every ten with a non-sci civ. Haven't tried PBEM.
              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I'm playing a PBEM with some spanish friends, using the Mesoamerican scenario, and the Aztec player got a Sci Leader very early in the game. Now he's going to win by culture...

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                Indiana Jones
                Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

arnelos got on in MZO's Age of Discovery scenario.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                  X