How to manage wasted shields ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to manage wasted shields ?

I haven't yet played Conquests ( even if I have already bought it ) but I am thinking to those situation where you collected tons of shields for many many turns and just when the next turn you can build the great wonder,well , an enemy finishes it the turn just before you.

Usually I was used to brake at least one knickknack because it happened that no other wonders were available and I wasted tons of shields.

Is this rule still active in Conquests ?

How do you manage to calm down in such situations ?

Boomer

Switch to palace?

Comment

Sometimes you are screwed..........but it just makes prebuilding a more risky strategy, which is good.

Comment

Conquests in better in that only scientific great leaders can rush great wonders so the AI has less opportunity to rush (as do human players).

The AI can still simply outbuild you to a wonder but then you need to have researched an alternative to go for. Delaying communications trading until Printing Press can keep some AI's out of the tech loop so between that and more ancient era GW's it is easier to be able to get something, even if not the one you were actually trying for.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: How to manage wasted shields ?

Originally posted by Gunter

How do you manage to calm down in such situations ?

Boomer

I try to think of it as realistic in historical terms. Didn't the Babylonians have the Tower of Babel almost complete before it was struck down?

Comment

Play at Sid, then you do not have to worry about wonders.

Comment

Or if you get frustrated with the corruption and decide it's not worth building an empire, go and conquer it. No wonders need be built (except the almighty SoZ of course )
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Next week you will be able to get the 1.10 patch and hopefully not have the corruption issue after just a few cities.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

I will consider this option

Thanks mates

Boomer

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

The issue is that at Sid level I suppose the AI will tend to cheat often,so my knickknacks will be at risk as well.

Gunter

Comment

The AI does not cheat. It has some bonuses and they are known.
                        If I give you a head start in a race, you did not cheat. You cheated, if you got in a car and I did not know about it, nor agree to it.

Comment

The problem with Sid and all levels after Emperor, is the corruption bug. It will do you no good to expand fast and get lots of good city sites. The corruption will crush those cities and you will not be able to offset any of the bonus units the AI gets.
                          The patch may make it viable to get those shields and maybe sneak in for an ancient or middle ages wonder.
                          Otherwise you do not get to the tech soon enough to be in the race for those wonders.

Comment

I still have to try Conquests but I remind that I patched by myself the original Civ corruption tweaking it via editor.

I assume since the patch is out it is possible to do the same.

Gunter

Comment

Play like fanes7 and you'll get so many GL in the first 100 years that you can rush all the wonders and still trade some GL.
                              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Working...
                              X