City Sizes and Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Sizes and Food

Two questions, sort of related, but not really.....

There are three city sizes, town, city and metroplex. I believe that this refers to cities of up to size 6 (town), then up to size 12 (city) then above size 12 (metroplex). I know that in order to grow above size 6 the city needs to be next to a source of fresh water or it needs an aqueduct. Right now I have cities that are stuck at size 12. What are the requirements for a city to be able to grow beyond size 12?

If I remember correctly there was a way, I think with farming or refrigeration or supermarket, to be able to increase the food output of a square to be even more that what it would be with irrigation. However in looking through the Civlopedia for Civ III Conquests, I could find a reference to this. Is there a way in Civ III Conquests to do this?

Thanks...
    Last edited by ThreeMiler; December 9, 2003, 13:35.
    Click here for info on Ferion!

http://www.ferion.com/banner.jpg <--- Frig it, this is supposed to show the image, not the url of the image, oh well....

Hospitals, available with Sanitation (Industrial age)

Comment

Re: City Sizes and Food

Originally posted by ThreeMiler
      If I remember correctly there was a way, I think with farming or refrigeration or supermarket, to be able to increase the food output of a square to be even more that what it would be with irrigation. However in looking through the Civlopedia for Civ III Conquests, I could find a reference to this. Is there a way in Civ III Conquests to do this?

Thanks...
      You're thinking of Civ 2 where you could rework fields with engineers. In Civ 3 you increase mining and irrigation effectiveness by railroads (one extra shield from mines, one extra food from irrigation).
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

You also have to have a surplus of food after you build the hospital. This is usual not a problem, but can be.

Comment

METROPLEX? Have you been watching "Transformers" again

Comment

Originally posted by ormstunga
            Perhaps ThreeMiler is a resident of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas - USA. Locally this greater metropolitain area (the two cities w/ a miriad of suburban sprawl) is known as the 'Metroplex'. (I suppose it comes from a complex of metropoli, or some such.)
            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

I suppose that 2 (or more) metropoli in Civ that were close together could be considered a 'METROPLEX'.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

you misspelled "TARGET."
                it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Originally posted by ormstunga
                  Funny it made me think of Ascendancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                    Hospitals, available with Sanitation (Industrial age)
                    Or Shakespeare's Theatre now allows the city in which it is built to grow beyond size 12 without a Hospital. Trivial, but for the sake of completeness of info...
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                    X