Civ Ruler Bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ Ruler Bonus

I have someting in mind that i wanna share and hopeduly find someone to take of track :P

What about if when you play regicide your king/queen gives a bonus to the units around it. That will make the game a bit more interesting having the ruler in the battle field, raising the morale of the army and will prompt you to move it around, thus not keeping it in the cap city with hundreds of units and can will also raise the risk of beeing killed

That would be intresting.

IIRC, in one of the scenarios the Kings are rather powerful military units themselves, so if you're willing to risk them you have a strong unit.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Isn't that the Japanese scenario?

Comment

The japanese king unit is great. Gaining levels, stats and special abilitys made him a real fun unit to use. Perhaps bumping the number of kings to 4 and you can have a group of heros to battle another civs powerful guardians.

The king as he is now is simply a glorified early scout.
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

What would happen if you disbanded your king unit? Would you lose? What if it was given a pop value, and you joined it to a city? What if you gave it GL abilities, and rushed a wonder with it or made an army out of it? Would you lose then? If not, wouldn't you then be invincible?

Comment

I don't think you CAN disband the king unit. I tried.
            "The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to discover new truths; and the next is to shake off old prejudices." - Frederick II

Comment

Good idea! I use to use the king either as scout or as a warrior in the Japanese scenario. Much of this can be modded, but the problem is that the AI never uses the king(s). I think there must be some changes in the hardcoding for it to happen. However, in a multiplayer scenario it can open for some great stuff...

Comment

Yeah, presumably I lost my mind and take my king out for a walk around the cities, it's kinda dangerous since it let him walk alone on my roads and if someone invades he's good for it.
                skywalker we are not talking about such things, but basily give him a bonus to the surrounding units like the radar that gives 25% defence/atack bonus to nearby units

Comment

Yeah but, the bonus would have to be pretty hefty indeed to risk your King leaving the security of your own lands right?

Comment

... except under monarchy, where your king unit reduces the resources from tiles around it and its home city has a higher chance of revolting
                    "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
                    -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

I would take my king along for a 25% bonus, especially if I knew the defensive king would be giving a bonus too. I would stick him in my main stack and be careful to keep an escape route. I dont even think the standard king needs a stat beef as he should never really be in combat anyway.

Comment

I like the mobile-radar-tower idea, although one suggestion I have seen before is to make military great leaders have that ability, so as soon as they show up on the battlefield, they have an impact, and you have to decide whether or not to bring him back to one of your cities to raise an army or not (another idea was a short-range battlefield medicine-like ability to allow units on the same tile as the MGL to heal as if they were in friendly territory)

Comment

I have never played regicide. I have a question - does a king in your city act like a unit as far as reducing unhappiness?

Comment

I just checked in my middle ages game and he did there.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                              I have never played regicide. I have a question - does a king in your city act like a unit as far as reducing unhappiness?
                              nope he just stick there doing nothing but absolutely nothing except make you loose if he gets a heart atack

Comment

Working...
                              X